Saturday, May 06, 2006


Watched a great movie last night. It was Oh Brother, Where Art Thou featuring among others, George Clooney in a role you would hardly expect to find him playing.

The film is loosely based on the Greek classic 'Homer's Odyssey' and features same great comedic scenes involving the three principal characters in their quest to break from jail and reclaim their stash of loot.

I am not a great movie buff, but I do love any film directed by either one or both of the Coen brothers. So far we have watched Fargo, the Great Lebowski, Blood Simple and Oh Brother. All brilliant movies in their own right.

I was blown away by the soundtrack to this movie. Pure Bluegrass where Clooney actually sings some of the songs.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Nice to see that my darling husband's taste in music is expanding. Perhaps my Southern roots/charm is rubbing just a wee bit off on him.

Now if we could only win the Lotto and get us back to my Southern roots.

Heh.

User451 said...

It's one of my favourite films, and the soundtrack is excellent. The version of "you are my sunshine" is awesome.

LET'S TALK said...

I love that movie, and I really love the music.

©gloop said...

It's a brilliant film with a brilliant soundtrack.